Jobs to be Missed by the World
World misses Steve Jobs. 2011
Apple Co-Founder - Steve Jobs died early this October due to a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was surrounded by family.
Jobs was the master mind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iMac and iTunes.
Apple released a statement, "Apple has lost a visionary creative genius, and the world has an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steven have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 along with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak. Together these two marketed the first personal computer, the Apple II.
Apple changed its homepage almost instantly when they heard of Job's passing. When visiting the Apple website, it showed a full page imagine of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".
President Obama said, "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world and talented enough to do it."
Along with pancreatic cancer, Jobs had a liver transplant and took three medical leaves from Apple.
After learning about his medical conditions, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011, that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive.
Jobs' family released a statement showing sincere gratitude to everyone who had expressed concern about his health. His family said that in his public life Steve was a visionary and in his private life, he cherished his family.
Jobs created some of the most innovated technology and he will be greatly missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Women's Volleyball Dominates Brookdale
- Berruche Archille: Where Is He Now
- First Debate Fuels Public With Disappointment
- Clinton and Trump Duel in First Debate
- Being in a Relationship Does Not Validate Who You Are
- Male Enrollment in Higher Education is Declining
- The College Hosts "Voices of New Brunswick"
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Toques modernos a la celebración tradicional del...
- Which Home Upgrades Really Pay Off?
- Reverse Mortgages Can Be a Valuable Retirement Tool
- Family Friday Destination: Try This TV Trio
- A Life Half Full: Aging With Optimism
- Lights, Camera, Action -- Holiday Style
- Bates Family Grows as Daughters Become Moms
- Women Face Challenges When It Comes to Health Coverage
- Fitness Sauna Promotes Health and Profit for Small...
- Backpack Offers Instant Drink Discreetly At the Push of a...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GoFundMe Awards $100,000 in Scholarships to 10 Promising Students
- Kaplan Survey: Law School Slump May be Over, but Recovery is Fragile
- CONFERENCE USA COLLEGE WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL AND MEN'S SOCCER COVERAGE ONLY ON beIN SPORTS
- Exclusive campus app bans professors and launches into 30 campuses!
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL CONTINUES THIS WEEKEND WITH FLORIDA ATLANTIC AT FIU - only on beIN SPORTS