Jobs to be Missed by the World
World misses Steve Jobs. 2011
Apple Co-Founder - Steve Jobs died early this October due to a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was surrounded by family.
Jobs was the master mind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iMac and iTunes.
Apple released a statement, "Apple has lost a visionary creative genius, and the world has an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steven have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 along with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak. Together these two marketed the first personal computer, the Apple II.
Apple changed its homepage almost instantly when they heard of Job's passing. When visiting the Apple website, it showed a full page imagine of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".
President Obama said, "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world and talented enough to do it."
Along with pancreatic cancer, Jobs had a liver transplant and took three medical leaves from Apple.
After learning about his medical conditions, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011, that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive.
Jobs' family released a statement showing sincere gratitude to everyone who had expressed concern about his health. His family said that in his public life Steve was a visionary and in his private life, he cherished his family.
Jobs created some of the most innovated technology and he will be greatly missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST QUOVADISNEWSPAPER NEWS
- Restaurant in New York City Offers Delicious Peruvian Food
- Tattoos Do Not Change Ability to Teach
- Geology Students Adventure the Sterling Hill Mine
- The College Offers Information on Infectious Diseases
- Alumni Launch Innovative New Product
- Sexual Assault is Not Hazing
- A Living Will May Be Something to Consider
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Tax-Savings Tips From Licensed Experts
- Not Leo DiCaprio? How to Cut Your Energy Bills Anyway
- Television Best Bets: Streaming Programs Worth Watching
- Modern Farming: Technology Helps Keep Food on the Table
- An End to Acid Reflux?
- How to Select a Contractor: Certification Counts With...
- Modern Landfills: Safe, Smart and Green
- Medicine Safety Reminders for Cold and Flu Season
- What It Takes to Get One of the Most In-Demand Jobs
- Where Do Pests Lurk? The Rooms in Your Home That Pests...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LINE Webtoon Launches Challenge League, a New Discovery Feature for Webcomic Creators and Aspiring Artists
- 6 ‘Friendsgiving’ tips that won’t leave you stuffed
- PARAMORE UNVEIL EXPANDED DIGITAL EDITION OF BLOCKBUSTER FOURTH ALBUM
- MELANIE MARTINEZ ANNOUNCES THIRD LEG OF “DOLLHOUSE TOUR”
- Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. Declared Winner of Voto Latino’s RepUrLetters Challenge