Jobs to be Missed by the World
World misses Steve Jobs. 2011
Apple Co-Founder - Steve Jobs died early this October due to a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was surrounded by family.
Jobs was the master mind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iMac and iTunes.
Apple released a statement, "Apple has lost a visionary creative genius, and the world has an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steven have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 along with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak. Together these two marketed the first personal computer, the Apple II.
Apple changed its homepage almost instantly when they heard of Job's passing. When visiting the Apple website, it showed a full page imagine of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".
President Obama said, "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world and talented enough to do it."
Along with pancreatic cancer, Jobs had a liver transplant and took three medical leaves from Apple.
After learning about his medical conditions, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011, that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive.
Jobs' family released a statement showing sincere gratitude to everyone who had expressed concern about his health. His family said that in his public life Steve was a visionary and in his private life, he cherished his family.
Jobs created some of the most innovated technology and he will be greatly missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Quorea Pearyer was named the Garden State Athletic Conference (GSAC) Division...
- Bryant Webb has been selected to the all-GSAC 1st team
- Player Profile: Berruche Archille
- Sens Asian Cuisine Offers Delicious Meal Options
- Police Blotter Issue 7
- Middlesex Gold: A Community Salute & 50th Anniversary Gala.
- The Lady Colts Defeat the Orange County Colts
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- STUDENTS BATTLE FOR FREE COLLEGE TUITION IN BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT'S "HEROES OF THE DORM™" TOURNAMENT
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users