Jobs to be Missed by the World
World misses Steve Jobs. 2011
Apple Co-Founder - Steve Jobs died early this October due to a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was surrounded by family.
Jobs was the master mind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iMac and iTunes.
Apple released a statement, "Apple has lost a visionary creative genius, and the world has an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steven have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 along with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak. Together these two marketed the first personal computer, the Apple II.
Apple changed its homepage almost instantly when they heard of Job's passing. When visiting the Apple website, it showed a full page imagine of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".
President Obama said, "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world and talented enough to do it."
Along with pancreatic cancer, Jobs had a liver transplant and took three medical leaves from Apple.
After learning about his medical conditions, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011, that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive.
Jobs' family released a statement showing sincere gratitude to everyone who had expressed concern about his health. His family said that in his public life Steve was a visionary and in his private life, he cherished his family.
Jobs created some of the most innovated technology and he will be greatly missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- America Answers European Sports Cars with the Corvette C8
- Obamas To Change The World Through Yet Another Book
- Observing The 2017 N.J. Governor’s Election
- The Gallery Features MCC Student James Tegan’s First Solo Art Show
- Is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy still worth watching? Part 3: Revenge of the...
- Michael Jackson’s “I Shot the Sheriff” Matches the Quality of His Great...
- "My Fair Lady's" Message Warms Viewer's Hearts
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas