Jobs to be Missed by the World
World misses Steve Jobs. 2011
Apple Co-Founder - Steve Jobs died early this October due to a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was surrounded by family.
Jobs was the master mind behind Apple's iPhone, iPad, iMac and iTunes.
Apple released a statement, "Apple has lost a visionary creative genius, and the world has an amazing human being. Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steven have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor. Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."
Jobs co-founded Apple Computer in 1976 along with his childhood friend Steve Wozniak. Together these two marketed the first personal computer, the Apple II.
Apple changed its homepage almost instantly when they heard of Job's passing. When visiting the Apple website, it showed a full page imagine of Jobs with the text, "Steve Jobs 1955-2011".
President Obama said, "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world and talented enough to do it."
Along with pancreatic cancer, Jobs had a liver transplant and took three medical leaves from Apple.
After learning about his medical conditions, Jobs announced on Aug. 24, 2011, that he was stepping down as Apple's chief executive.
Jobs' family released a statement showing sincere gratitude to everyone who had expressed concern about his health. His family said that in his public life Steve was a visionary and in his private life, he cherished his family.
Jobs created some of the most innovated technology and he will be greatly missed.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- December 2016 Calendar of Events
- Blue Colt Men’s Basketball Start Upcoming Season On the Road
- Blue Colts Men’s Basketball Fired Up After First Scrimmage
- Cable Networks Are Drifting Away from Their Original Audience
- Don't Let Another Condemn Who You Are, But Find Someone Who Accepts You Fully
- The South Plainfield Library Hosts Event That is All About Apples
- PTK Raises Awareness About Flint Michigan Water Crisis
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind