Is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy still worth watching? Part 3: Revenge of the Sith
“Revenge of the Sith” is the last installment in the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy, premiered on May 19, 2005.
Fans of the series were expecting a satisfying conclusion to not only the trilogy but the series itself, and it’s safe to say, it delivered. The film kicks off three years into the devastating Clone Wars, an audacious attack on the galaxy’s capital is being led by two main leaders of the confederacy, Count Dooku and General Greivous. The confederacy has managed to kidnap the Chancellor of the Republic, and Jedi Master Obi Wan and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker are sent in to rescue the leader. Skywalker, now a fully matured Jedi Knight is masterfully commanding his starship alongside his aged, yet wise full Master Obi Wan. The first 15 minutes of this film has one of the most action packed intros the series has had, alongside “The Empire Strikes Back” and “The Force Awakens”.
The Chancellor is rescued and the main leader of the confederacy is slain by Skywalker, (it is in this scene, that the viewer is shown a glimpse of the character Anakin will transform into later in the film.) The dynamic duo receive a hero’s welcome and Anakin has a secret encounter with his wife Padme, revealing she is expecting a child. At first Anakin is worried, due to the fact that Jedi can’t be involved in romantic relationships, but he quickly warms up to the idea of raising a child.
Out of all the films in the Star Wars saga, this one is clearly the darkest in tone. All of the weaknesses of Anakin Skywalker are fully explored in the first half of the film: deception of not being given the rank of master, jealousy that his master is the one given the difficult task of defeating General Grievous and the fear of losing wife due to childbirth after having nightmare, will all lead to him falling to his doom. The latter half of the film shows how all these dilemma’s together, unleashes his full anger and betrayal against the Jedi order.
Chancellor Palpatine is revealed to be Darth Sidious, the mastermind behind the Clone Wars. Having revealed his true identity, Sidious orders the Clone Army to betray their Jedi commanders and urge them from existence. At the same time, Skywalker, now denominated, Darth Vader, leads a clone attack on the Jedi temple, where a huge majority of the Jedi Order resides. Kenobi and Yoda, having survived their assassination attempts, set out to uncover who was behind the betrayal of the Jedi.
Once they discover it was Skywalker, a shaken Kenobi is tasked with defeating his former apprentice, while Yoda himself faces off against the supreme dark lord (now emperor). Unfortunately, Yoda merely fails to defeat the emperor. On the other hand, Kenobi duels his apprentice. This is the climax of the film, the final installment of the prequels and one of the most important moments in the entire series.
Skywalker is defeated, but survives. Severely burnt after being consumed by the fire of a lava river, he is incubated in a black-armored suit that would become the staple of the series. Padme gives birth to twins but dies shortly thereafter. The twins are separated to avoid prosecution of the Empire.
Leia is taken to Alderaan, where she will grow up to become the planet’s princess and Luke is adopted by his Uncles in the desert planet of Tatooine, where Obi Wan pledges to keep an eye on him until he old enough to pursue the journey of becoming the galaxy’s “new hope.”
Undoubtedly, this film is one of the best in the series and is widely regarded as the strongest in the prequel trilogy. It brought a satisfying, yet astounding close to the franchise. At the time, this film was thought to be the last in the series but that would change once Disney bought the rights to the franchise.
No one can deny the impact that this film had on the franchise: to this day the ending amazes me in a few others due. The ending is bleak, yet leaves the audience with a sense that someday the return of the Jedi will come.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- America Answers European Sports Cars with the Corvette C8
- Obamas To Change The World Through Yet Another Book
- Observing The 2017 N.J. Governor’s Election
- The Gallery Features MCC Student James Tegan’s First Solo Art Show
- Is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy still worth watching? Part 3: Revenge of the...
- Michael Jackson’s “I Shot the Sheriff” Matches the Quality of His Great...
- "My Fair Lady's" Message Warms Viewer's Hearts
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas