Spotswood Art Studio Adds a Spin to Art
Pottery is becoming the latest art trend that everyone is taking part in. All over New Jersey art studios are offering painting lessons, pottery painting, wine and paint nights. But, one place is doing things a little bit differently. Located on Main Street in Spotswood, N.J., The Clay Pot puts their own spin on art.
The Clay Pot offers a variety of classes, activities, and workshops that are fun for the whole family, including painting pottery, sculpting pottery, wheel spinning lessons. The studio is open Monday through Friday 10a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturdays 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., and is closed on Sundays. The studio is quiet during the morning hours on weekdays and is busier with customers during the afternoon hours on Saturdays and the evening hours on Fridays.
Inside the studio, the room is filled with different stations including a wheel spinning station, a clay building station, and painting station. There is a ton of inspiration on display throughout the room from painted works, to pictures, and pattern and designs on the wall. Employees at The Clay Pot are very knowledgeable about art and the pieces at the studio. Many of the employees create the pieces on display to be painted. They each have a background in art and are very knowledgeable and helpful to the customers who come in for painting and lessons.
Prices vary, but are reasonable for the average person. If you want to paint pottery you can select from over a hundred pieces to paint. You can select a variety of cups, bowls, plates, character figures, holiday decorations, and sculptures. Prices begin at $10, and increase regarding the size of the piece.
The Clay Pot offers wheeling spinning lessons which begin at $30 an hour. That lesson includes one hour of spinning and time to paint your creation. The wheel spinning lesson is great for those who are interested in building their own bowl, cup, vase, or pencil holder. A new workshop is now being offered at The Clay Pot; Raku Workshop. Raku is a 16th century Japanese pottery technique including a different style of glazing and firing of pottery. Participants must be 16 or older to take part in this workshop.
So, are you looking for a fun activity to do on a rainy day? Want a fun day out with a couple of your close friends? Painting pottery, clay building, and pottery spinning are all fun things you can do and it’s close to home. For more information about The Clay Pot call 732-251- 5112 or contact them via email at info@the claypotpottery.com.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Women's March on New Jersey Slideshow
- Basketball Game Slideshow - Middlesex County College vs Union County College
- Spotswood Art Studio Adds a Spin to Art
- New Star Wars Movie Comes to Theaters
- Dance Ensemble is Hosting Open Auditions
- Spotting Student Hotspots on Campus
- Looking Inside the Middlesex County College Library
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses