Looking Inside the Middlesex County College Library
In college, students use the library for a variety of reasons. Whether it is to relax and stay in a quiet area, or to get work done and study with other students, the library is a perfect place to spend time. In the College’s Library, there are many different resources for the students to use and enjoy. Whether that is the printers, or the vast majority of books to use as research material, the Library serves as a wonderful place to do self study, as well as study for classes.
This spring semester the library will be hosting various, unique events. For example, when the semester begins, the first two weeks will feature an event called “Pop Up Creation Stations,” which will have activity stations where students and faculty members can do puzzles, paper crafts, and button making. Today at 2 p.m. you can learn how take apart a computer. On Friday Jan. 27 at 10 a.m. you can learn how to craft a hanging paper heart. All day, every day during the event you can check out various board games like checkers, chess, Monopoly, backgammon and Upwords with your student ID. There will be more interesting activities as the semester progresses. There will be more interesting activities as the semester progresses.
Aside from these interesting events there are always the year-round resources. For example, our library has access to many databases that are available for all students. These databases can help with class assignments and research. Furthermore, there is always help if the students need it; the librarians are always happy to help. They will help you succeed and get the information you need. After all, databases can be quite tricky.
Another wonderful resource is the Reserve Collection. That is class materials that students may use, however they cannot leave the library with these items. There are textbooks in this collection, however, not all of them are there. So if one would like to use these resources, they would have to know which textbooks are available to study with. Another other amazing resource that is available to use with students study materials are the individual study cubbies. Alternatively, there is a silent study room, which is open to everyone. Now, what if there needs to be a group project done? Well, there are group study rooms that students, with a minimum of at least three per room session, can check out for two hours. The students are given a key and assigned a room downstairs. When the students are finished, everyone has to come back upstairs together to give the key back.
Our library has the biggest open-computer lab on the entire campus. There are over one hundred computers to use. The silent study room and many additional library books are located on the downstairs level. And finally, if a student needs to check out books so that they can study, or to simply enjoy them, they would need their student ID. If a student loses their ID, they can buy a new identification card for ten dollars at the Student Activities Office, located on the main floor of the College Center. The rules for checkout are quite easy to follow. There is also the policy of late fees: for every day a book is late there is a fine of twenty cents. So be sure to bring back items on time! In addition to books, there are also DVDs which have their own fines if brought back late. The library additionally has many graphic novels students may also check out. Overall, the library is a wonderful place to learn and grow. So go ahead and stop at the Middlesex County College Library today. For more information, feel free to contact Library Director Marilyn Ochoa at MOchoa@middlesexcc
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- Women's March on New Jersey Slideshow
- Basketball Game Slideshow - Middlesex County College vs Union County College
- Spotswood Art Studio Adds a Spin to Art
- New Star Wars Movie Comes to Theaters
- Dance Ensemble is Hosting Open Auditions
- Spotting Student Hotspots on Campus
- Looking Inside the Middlesex County College Library
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses