Alternative Music is an Admired Art That Brings Listeners on a Musical Journey
Alternative music is defined by Merriam-Webster as, “Music that is produced by performers who are outside the musical mainstream, that is typically regarded as more eclectic, original, or challenging than most popular music.” Alternative music can be one of the most interesting musical choices you can listen to. From local bands to the more popular alternative artists, alternative music is an art that many artists cannot achieve. Many artists who pride themselves on this art form have such a cult following, that many fans of mainstream artists cannot comprehend the love that these followers have.
With most alternative artists, shows can be a musical journey. These artists do not receive the amount of airtime or popularity on media outlets. The fans who go to the shows have a personal, almost 1-on-1 experience with the band itself. Tickets are not normally expensive, so almost anyone can go. In the experiences that I have had with smaller concerts, they were the best times of my life. You feel as if you’re a part of something bigger, almost as if nothing else matters in the world. Those few hours can be a magical time where you can get away from the troubles of our world, and focus on one thing, the band, with other people who have the same passion that you do.
Failure, an alternative band that you probably never heard of in your life, was one of the greatest concerts I have ever been to. It was at Webster Hall in New York City, and was sitting in the front row. To see the band that you have been listening to for a few months right before your eyes is a feeling that you cannot replicate by listening to their music at home. You can see mainstream artists play their music in arenas, but you either have to be very wealthy to actually be close to the artist, or you are in the nosebleeds. It is kind of a buzzkill to finally arrive at a concert and walking all the way up to barely see your favorite artists. In smaller venues, you have that experience of being close to the artist, as if you and them are together.
So if you are listening to a popular band on the internet, try not to. Try to support the bands and artists who are attempting something different. Open your outlook and opinion on bands that you would never listen to, because you might just find something that you really like, and if you have the opportunity to go to a live show, do not hold back, because more times than not, you will have an excellent time and meet some new people with common interests as you.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Recent quovadisnewspaper News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR QUOVADISNEWSPAPER
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
- America Answers European Sports Cars with the Corvette C8
- Obamas To Change The World Through Yet Another Book
- Observing The 2017 N.J. Governor’s Election
- The Gallery Features MCC Student James Tegan’s First Solo Art Show
- Is the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy still worth watching? Part 3: Revenge of the...
- Michael Jackson’s “I Shot the Sheriff” Matches the Quality of His Great...
- "My Fair Lady's" Message Warms Viewer's Hearts
RECENT QUOVADISNEWSPAPER CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum
- Dallas Regional Chamber Targets National Millennial Workforce with New Talent Attraction Campaign, Say Yes to Dallas